This is the story that Joel wrote a while back on winter vacation. It all started with him drawing a picture with sharks, turtles, sting rays and jelly fish, all with enormous teeth. I suggested that he write a story about it in English and we talked about some ideas. He told me that even though I didn't do the pictures, he listed me as the illustrator to give me credit for helping him. :)
p.s. the cover is side-ways, oops.
The River of Terror
By Joel Heppner
"Illustrated" by Kathy Heppner
It all began on a hot afternoon when I was fishing with my uncle. We saw a shark in the middle of the river and the shark jumped again! But this time, there were even more strange creatures. They looked like monsters, but it couldn't be! The next thing we knew, we were lying in a bed feeling sea sick, and were served soup.
The next morning, we did the same thing and we actually caught one fish. We had to let it go because it was a baby fish. After a while, we caught a huge fish and brought it home. We took the guts, but there were wires! This fish isn't good! We did that for nothing!! Wait. There's a person in there. Teehee. It's Him! It's...it's....it's Henry. "Henry, what are you doing in there?" "I made this machine and you destroyed it! Fix it right now!"
So I and my uncle spent the afternoon fixing the robot fish. And when we heard screaming from the camp, we went and fought the clown robot.
The End.
*Stayed tuned for what happens next, says Joel*
4 comments:
His drawings are quite fantastic, and I'm anxiously awaiting more. :)
I'm tuned in - this is rad! Keep up the good work Joel! And Kathy, seriously, your illustrating career is going to hit the roof when Random House gets wind of Joel.
*LIKE
!!!! the best!!!!
Post a Comment