Monday, June 10, 2013

Mi Marido

It was our 14th anniversary a few weeks ago, but we had a delayed celebration.  Carl was studying like mad for his HR exam and so on the actual day I made a nice supper at home with the most scrumptious peanut butter chocolate cupcakes.  A few days later we went for dinner to celebrate and then a week later, because friends of ours offered to babysit, we went out again!

I am very thankful for Carl, mi marido.  I am definitely a better person with him as my husband.  We are almost exact opposites, which has been life saving for both of us.  When I'm roaring mad, he's usually the calm one, when he is stewing over something, I have already moved on.  We compliment each other both in awesome traits and the other ones too.  He's taught me the joy in quiet solitude, to the point where I really quite enjoy it.  I am the more social one and Carl has more of an inclination to stay at home.  We are a good balance; we stay home when we need it and we go out when it would be a good thing for us.  It has been a real journey the last while and in the midst of it, we have taken the time to reconnect, plan the week, talk about how we are doing, our walk with God, our fears and our kids.  We realize that this marriage thing is hard and we can't take for granted our relationship will grow itself.  We have to be deliberate and intentional.

I'm proud of him and even after 14 years, 4 kids, many moves and much transition, lost hair and some grey for both of us, he's still quite the catch.  It's great being married to this guy!




2 comments:

andrea said...

look where God has brought you! you are truly blessed! you both look so radiant! 14 years looks great on you!

Plett Family said...

Love it! And well put...it is hard, you do have to be intentional and work at constantly, AND it can be wonderful! Congratulations - on work well done so far! And cheers to many more:)