It was Asha's first time at overnight camp, and I admit, I was a bit nervous. I knew that the counsellors would be fabulous with her, but I was preoccupied nonetheless. As it turned out, a wonderful girl from our church ended up being Asha's counsellor for the week. It set my heart at ease.
Kezia went again with Avery and had a blast. This time, Joel ventured into the more rustic program of camp. He cooked most of his food over a fire, they slept in tents and didn't have many of the "luxuries" that the girls had. He loved it and begged to go back the following year.
It certainly was a quiet week with only having Elena at home. Carl and I actually had an evening once she was in bed! I think she liked being an only child for five days, but she did miss her siblings. The other three had a fabulous week at camp. Joel was covered in mosquito bites, Kezia was exhausted, and Asha was filthy, but they were all happy and content.



No comments:
Post a Comment