This morning was a fairly uneventful, quiet morning. It's our morning off, but because both Carl and I were feeling sluggish and under the weather, we decided to stay home.
All the kids were playing outside, and I went to check on them.
Yup, everyone fine and happy.
So I decide to sweep the patio. Asha is within sight....
I go to get the dust pan from Don Prudencio, and I can see Asha by the slide.
I chat with him for 4 minutes, looking over at the slide every once in a while.
Asha's still there.
I go to put the broom by the house and head for the slide.....Asha is gone.
Did we tell you that there's a major painting project here on the grounds?
Pedro and his son are patching and painting the unit house (which is 8 feet from our house) and then moving on to our house, and then the Centro Menno building.
Did I mention that there was open paint cans within 8 feet of our house?
So, this is what happened this morning....
You can bring your cursor over the pictures and click on them to get the full effect.
So, even though it was suppose to be una manana tranquila, I spent a good 45 minutes scrubbing Asha and her clothes and her shoes and her diaper and her hair and my shorts and my hands and my feet by the outside tap. Though the water was cool, she quite enjoyed her little shower and was sad when I turned the tap off.
Once I got her all dressed, combed out the paint bits in her hair, she looks at me with a smile and says, "'gain?"

5 comments:
Ok, that is just too precious!!! Not for you, I'm sure, but those pictures and that face... too precious!
What a funny girl! You've gotta admit - she looks pretty cute in those painty photos!
and did you manage to see ANY humour in that whatsoever? i'm not sure that i would have...although since it didn't happen to MY child, i'm chuckling away over here. :)
i'm only laughing because this could so easily be my morning!
She's going to be an artist!
Post a Comment