Sunday, July 26, 2009

Off to the Movies!

This afternoon, Joel, Kezia and I went to the movies. The theatre was open once again and I wanted for them to have their first theatre experience before school starts (it's 9 hours until class time!).

Right after lunch, we took the micro to Cine Centre. At the ticket counter, the gal sold me tickets to Ice Age 3, 3D. Uh, we just wanted the regular, so I asked her about the regular viewing. She told me the times had changed, and unless I wanted to wait until 4:00, the only one we could see is in 3D. Well, uh, okay.

I wasn't sure how this would turn out. I get a bit queasy, and how would the kids do? Their first movie experience, in 3D?

Well, we got our snacks and as we walked in, were told we needed to wear our facemasks. I had brought barbijos along, just in case, and Joel was very excited about wearing his. He put it on right away, and then just tucked the popcorn in through the side to eat!

We got settled, the kids with these neat booster seats, their barbijos and their huge 3D glasses. I wished I had been thinking and brought my camera. It was pretty funny seeing them there, but you can kind of imagine it; they looked like they were undersized robbers with oversized glasses and facemasks.

The movie was great and the kids didn't notice that it was in Spanish. Joel kept the 3D glasses on the entire time, but Kezia opted for leaving them off. I was glad because she's the one who has the tendancy to get motion sicknesses. After the movie let out, I could tell they were tired from all the lights and the sounds, but they had a big smile on their face.

Once we got home, they couldn't wait to tell Carl and others on the yard about their cool experience. What a great way to end our very long vacation.

4 comments:

Roo said...

sooo fun ....i can't wait to take my girlies to the movies...i think shilohs ready but NOT the baby sista. not a chance!

andrea said...

how stinkin' fun! i love how you slip in spanish words in your blog! happy you were able to do this...and in 3D ...how cool! a great way to end a fun vacation!

Andrea said...

we want to take our girls to see that movie too...but i'm also unsure about the 3d thing...

Louise said...

That sounds like a lot of fun!!
So then if they didn't notice that it was all in spanish does this mean they now understand it all?!? how cool is that! I so want to learn spanish!