It's been a few days since I've updated on what we've been up to. Well, it's been a busy 10 days or so. We've had international guests, used our passports, got on a plane, went to some world-renowned places...you know, the usual! But before I power-post on those experiences, I wanted to just share some things that I've had insight on from our ladies bible study and explain my last post.
We're doing a study on the book of Esther, and it's been quite fascinating. Some people felt bogged down by all the history, but my appetite was whetted for more! It's the first time that I actually have been excited about looking into different commentaries, other versions of the Bible, if I could possibly pick out some other tidbits to chew on.
It has been a welcome hunger and desire in this last while of dry and dreary.
The last video we watched was on Esther 4, about how Esther was given the charge by Mordecai to act and how she responds to it. The last post I did, was from the last bit of homework on the lesson, a song that hit home the phrase, "You have come....for such a time as this".
I was really struck with the concept that right here and now, we have been placed for an amazing purpose. Each and every day, each and every encounter isn't an accident. We have choices to make with each situation, and we can chose to take advantage of them, or not. Sadly, there have been so many times in my life that I haven't taken the opportunity, and since I have such an amazing memory, beat myself up over and over.
As I was doing the study, it made me realize that my place, my situation, my company of people has been God-ordained. Lately, I have wondered if I'm in the right place. Like really, am I really doing what I'm suppose to be doing? But this opened my eyes. Yes, Kathy, you are exactly where you've been called to.
Whatever God calls you to, He will equip you for. Why is that every time I blog, I fail to see the profoundness of that statement?
The song from my last post talks about living in the moment, about leaving behind all the regrets from the past that we can't do anything about, and focusing on where we can still exercise our choice.
Right here and right now.
We can't control the future, we can't change the past, but we can be totally assured that the present, we can make our mark on. And it's not like we've stumbled aimlessly into where we are right now. We were brought here and now for a purpose, a purpose that we may never fully understand or see. But we need to trust God, who sees it all.
"We have been placed in a sphere of influence, regardless of the size we perceive it to be".
And so I was really encouraged by that, but also humbled to let go of my own obstacles that are preventing me from living in the moment, being ready to fulfill my purpose God has called me to.
I have to realize that I was not called to an easy life, but a purposeful one. Right here, right now.
1 comment:
So true! The here and now are what count!
Post a Comment