Friday, January 22, 2010

Off to the Movies

So while we wait to hear what is happening to our flight for our vacation (seriously, that will be quite the post....) I thought I would post about something lighter!

Yesterday, while Carl and I participated in our focus weekend meetings, our children had a lovely day with their grandparents. We thought that since we would be going our separate ways, on separate vacations for 10 days, it would be nice for the kids to spend some time with their grandparents.

They had a leisurely morning at home, playing cards and reading stories. And the highlight for the kids was to go to the new Disney movie, The Princess and the Frog. Joel and Kezia had gone to the movies once before with me, but for Asha, this was her first time. I wasn't worried about her attention span; she's just like Joel in regards to screens and could watch for hours without moving.

Mom and Dad said that the kids had a great time and the movie was funny. We're really glad that they had the chance to be taken to the movies. Special that Grandma and Grandpa could be the ones to take them.

2 comments:

andrea said...

i'm sorry that your trip got 'delayed'...super frustrating. the movies are so much fun! happy that you were could still have fun wainting for clarity on a disappointing situation. your guys must've had a blast! happy travels!

Roo said...

sa-WEET!