Saturday, February 19, 2011

When Asha was Three Weeks....

I was thinking today, looking at Elena and how small she looks compared to Asha. She is so tall and so big already. I remember when she was really itsy bitsy. I love the fact that I started blogging when Asha was just a few weeks old. I just watched this heartwarming video and am thankful for this type means to preserve memories.

When Asha was exactly Elena's age, we were packing up and moving across the continent. From the moment that Asha was born, we were in packing mode. I remember being so tired from all the sorting, cleaning, and packing and that was before giving birth! We were kind of crazy, I think. Who moves when their baby is 21 days old?

But you know, I'm thankful that we aren't moving this week and when we do move from this place, it'll be a much smaller scale in terms of stuff. Distance, well, there's no comparison there. Emotions attached to said move, well, that might be something else...

Yeah, we were crazy to move in 2007 way south, but you know, it was totally worth it. I wouldn't have traded moving to Fresno for the world. I don't think Asha minded being transported across the border before she was a month. Maybe that's why she's such a free-spirited adventurous child. That's what she was born into.

It's been another move since then even farther south. Maybe even crazier than going to Fresno some might say. I wonder what about our life right now is impacting lil' Elena? What is she going to be like considering what she was born into?

2 comments:

andrea said...

you simply amaze me! you have so much already in your babies young lives. ...and that video....so adorable! goodness, that laughter is just the sweetest thing!

Andrea said...

Yes, you were incredibly brave doing the Fresno move when you did! And braver still for the Bolivia move!! Very inspirational your family is!!