Saturday, May 14, 2011

This Week

It's been a good week, but a tiring one.  If I get more energy than I have now, I'll write more about it.  But just to recap, this is what we've been up to....

Went to visit one of the doctors that delivered Elena to give her a thank you gift.  It was such a life giving visit.

Had meetings here on Thursday and Friday with the entire team.  Always a good time, but I'm tired after being with so many people for hours and hours of the day.  And of course I ate way too much.

Getting food poisoning, or something last night.  Shudder.  At least it was just me.

Elena laughed out loud when Kezia was doing her gymnastic routine in the living room.  It was priceless!

We did a cachivachi (garage sale) of extra items in storage this week.  I love being the cachivachera.  I'm the queen of garage sale organizing.

The kids came home with perfect report cards.  And Asha's exam was quite impressive.  Amazing what daycares do with bright little three year olds.

Both Joel and Kezia did something special for the goodbye (despedida) party for another MCC family leaving in a few weeks.  Though no words were expressed, it was touching.

I packed my first suitcase to leave....

And no electricity in our house as of last night.  How am I blogging?  Well, we have a long cable running from our house to the workshop at the back of the yard.  The fridge and the freezer are plugged in, we have two lamps.  The gas stove works, but the electric shower doesn't.

Well, it's kind of like camping.  It would be fun if this wasn't the 4th time this has happened in the last few months.  Oh and now the other buildings are having problems and I'm now sitting in the dark....

Ugh.  Well with little electricity, you have nothing to do but go to bed.  And that I shall do!  Good night to you all.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Ugh! Is this related to any of the crazy power issues you guys had just before we came last year?

Kathy said...

Yes, still the problem from before you came. It's like as soon as we replace a section of wiring, more goes. This time it was the shower, and now we discovered that the washer and dryer are on the same circuit! Ahhhhh.......!

andrea said...

why do i only get your noticed post days later? anyhoo, you have lots going on right now!!! thinking of you as you organize and prep and pack! I'm impressed by your creativity...when a blogger needs to blog, she needs to blog!!!