Friday, July 1, 2011

5 Months

Like I said in my previous post with the crazy day, I didn't have a chance to take pictures of Elena on her 5 month birthday.   I hardly even had the chance to hold her.

I didn't take her to the doctor this month, so no official weight.  Just me on the digital scale with her, which puts her about 7.5 kg (16.5lb), but that's a guess since I wasn't about to take her clothes off; it's too cold!  She's longer than she was last month since she's too long for 3 month sleepers now.  Actual height, uh, I don't have that.

This month has been a good month for her.  She definitely has blossomed in her personality. 

Elena is able to grab on to toys and play with a little chew toy. 
Her new sounds include Dadadada and Babababa and of course she's back to her spit bubbles. 
Elena's hair on top is growing, but she's sporting a pretty cool bald spot in back
She's trying to sit up, but is still a bit wobbly, although appreciates being pulled up by the hands
Elena can roll from her back to front with her arms free
This month Elena has had more despedidas than months
And has definitely had her share of over the top, crazy, loud parties
Went for her first photo shoot with her three siblings
She loves to do a fake cough and laughs if you do it too
Elena is definitely a child that loves to cuddle and be held
She loves to suck her bare feet
But will settle for three layers of sleepers

Elena is the proud owner of a Canadian Passport as of today!

The passport is with the travel agent or else I would have posed her with it to wish you all a Happy Canada Day.  Chances are she would have grabbed it and spit all over it, rendering it null and void, so you'll just have to imagine how cute the picture could have been.  Here's ones I took yesterday of her.


Oh, hello Wilbur.
 
 I bought her this sweater in Sucre before she was born.  And it's been cold enough that she's lived in it the last few days.

1 comment:

Laura Thiessen said...

LOVE the photos!! Oh my, she's just outgrowing 3 month sleepers? I'm afraid my baby is a beast...he's 2 months old this week and already out of 3 month sleepers. At his six week appt he was nearly 13 pounds!