I've come a long way since that first sewing project. Not like I've gotten more advanced in my sewing, it's just in regards to sheer numbers, I've pumped out a few rag quilts since my humble beginnings in Fresno. Most of them were gifts for new babies, majority of them in Bolivia, but I think a few are circulating around this continent somewhere....
Anyways, since I had made a quilt for Kezia I had always intended on making one for Asha and then one for Joel if he wanted. Since I knew in '08 we most likely would be heading overseas, I didn't start them and so 4 years later, it's been a bit overdue. This spring, Asha picked fabric that is totally Asha. I loved the vibrant colour contrast. Joel wasn't interested in a rag quilt until I took him to the fabric store and he saw the rows and rows of different camouflage. He was hooked and probably more excited about a quilt than anyone. Well, here's a sneak peek at what I was able to whip up, without even getting my fingers caught!
p.s. it's not like I'm about to get my fingers punctured in that middle shot, it probably was midnight and I was on my fourth cup of coffee......
1 comment:
you are pretty awesome! great work...glad you posted pictures!
Post a Comment