The last couple of days, I have come to realize that not all things need to be plugged through. Not everything positive has to come at an exhausting price. No, sometimes blessings just come, whether we deserve them or have worked for them or even asked for them.
Mondays, I have a new job. Well, it's not exactly new, but I have an assignment that I get to do. Since they are a bit short staffed in Centro Menno, I get to go and help package their periodicals every week. Last week was MennoBote, this week was Die Menonische Post, next week will be Das Blatt. Oh, who could imagine that applying labels to thousands of newspapers and magazines would be so much fun?
What is such a blessing is being able to meet a need and to help. Plus, the terrere is pretty great to drink on these hot days, and the conversation with Hans and Elma and Corrie has been such an encouragement.
I think for me, it also means a lot to be able to help contribute in a tangible way to those beneficiaries of MCC here in Bolivia. When the Colony Mennonites come in to pick up their paper, I know that they are learning from the resources that Centro Menno is providing. I know that it is making a positive impact in their lives.
Labels might be a small thing, but for me, it's a direct connection to someone who is experiencing blessing. I guess the blessing then goes both ways.
This isn't something that I do on a regular basis, but Corrie and I went to help at a new building project for a daycare last week. Friends that we go to church with and sing on the worship team, she is the director of the daycare. Arelis, who is another SALTer, works there too. It made sense that we would go and help with all the connections, and of course the need.
Well, that was such a good day, and even though it was just for a few hours, it felt really good to do something outside my 4 walls. As we were loading up materials from the old site to the new building, I couldn't believe the difference. I almost cried to think of those little kids finally being able to have a nice place with lots of space to learn and play. I just drove the truck, and then another day, just came back to pick up trash. Those that have been toiling for months on this project really appreciated the help. It wasn't the amount of work that we did, but that we came to support them.
The ways that we can bless someone or have them bless us don't have to be big or grand. And often times, they don't even have to come with a big plan. And I know that God brought these things for me so that I could feel encouraged and feel useful. I needed to be reminded that what I'm doing actually makes a difference, even if it's small.
Sometimes blessings come in the form of labels or trash, so keep your eyes peeled for what God has for you.
1 comment:
very cool Kathy! you are a blessing to so many! They may not know your name but they know your heart and they know that've been touched by the hands of Jesus! keep shining, sweet friend!
Post a Comment