This last few weeks, our family has been battling sickness. It's like the kids are taking turns; as soon as one is a bit better, another one has a runny nose. We did have 4 days where the chorus of barking coughs filled the house. Carl and I have been healthy, which we are very thankful for.
I feel in a bit of a fog and I'm not sure what day it is. All week I thought it was a day farther in the week than it was, until today when I swore it was Wednesday. And then when I don't feel like in a fog, little things get me in a funk. Grrr.....Here's wishing to race through this goofy week.
I remember having a conversation with someone a few days ago about certain difficult situations. We were saying that often times we pray that God will get us over or around a circumstance that is hard. Or that he would just remove it. Seriously, I have felt all week that it would be great if God would remove this one!
I must be in a fog because I remember saying to this person, "We should pray that God gives us the strength to get through a situation because when we go through, we grow, we learn. AND at bible study, the lesson I led in Esther was about tough situations and how they make us stronger.
I obviously wasn't listening because I didn't get it until I talked to Kezia this afternoon. She was sick in bed with a fever, glassy eyed and lethargic. I gave her her medicine and asked her how she was feeling. She smiled and replied, "Good". ?? I asked again and she gave me the same response. I pointed out to her that she was sick in bed with a fever and maybe she wasn't really doing that great. She looked at me and said, "Yeah, I'm sick, but besides that, I'm good because I know I'll get better".
Despite her current circumstances, she's good. She'll get better.
Despite my current circumstances or the things that irk me or annoy me or real problems that I have to grapple with, I will get through. God will guide me and carry me. On the other side, I'll be stronger, more resilient, and hopefully wiser with better ears.
4 comments:
oh she's a wise lil girl! love learning from them!!! i'm sorry that this week has been tough..praying that you will feel peace, joy and strength...and yes, this week's almost over!
(((hugs)))
I went to the Grace Ladie's breakfast this morning and one of the ladies said, "We can endure anything if we know it will end eventually". That's HOPE at it's best.
Here's hoping you all get well, and feel GOOD.
So it's cold/flu season out in Bolivia too, hey? Hope you all feel better soon.
And wow -- kids are so amazing hey? Love the wisdom in her young years!
Prayers for you - and Kathy I must say that little Ms. Kezia reminds me of you!!
Post a Comment