We took the picture a bit late, so it's more like 27 weeks, but it's not that big of a deal.
This month, I've had raging heart burn, so I've been eating a lot of carrots, papaya, and green apples. Carl bought me this awful chalky stuff that I only use in emergencies, like when I know I'll be having to eat a whole chocolate bar and the carrots would interfere with the flavour.
I've also been having nausea again, which was something that happened with the other kids. It's more like throughout the day, I smell something and then immediately feel like I have to (or in some cases, do) throw up. Sigh. Well, at least my diet isn't limited because of my sensitive stomach, it's because of my nose.
The baby is moving around and punching and kicking up a storm. You can actually see my stomach move now; it's pretty cool, even fourth time around is an utter miracle. Although, this beautiful miracle does get a bit annoying at 4 a.m.
The kids are also becoming more interactive with the baby. Asha is always telling me about how she'll be bigger than the baby, talking to my stomach, and setting aside clothes that are too small for the baby to wear. She still emphatically claims it's a girl, and when Kezia tries to let her know it could be a boy, Kezia just gets a swing to the face. Joel is a bit more understanding that even though he so badly wants a brother, a little sister wouldn't be that bad. We keep encouraging him that no matter the gender of the baby, he will be a awesome big brother; and he just beams. He loves to pat my stomach and sing to the baby.
We're scheduled to go for an ultrasound on Monday, so I'm almost frothing with anticipation. Will everyone be right and it will be a boy? Will our baby have totally fooled everyone and be a girl? Will Asha be the only one who was right and bold enough to pronounce it?
Or will this baby close their legs and refuse to give up the goods. Carl says that we're not leaving until we know, even if that means he has to coax that kid with a flashlight and a good squeeze. Should be interesting......
4 comments:
Look forward to hearing about your appointment :) Glad the kiddos are so excited, and hope your nose tames down the smells a bit. ((hugs))
You are so funny! I love the image of Carl using a flashlight and a squeeze to get that kid to show us what s/he's made of :) haha
love you.
laura
So exciting!! Are you going to let everyone know the gender? Or keep it a secret??
I'm with Asha -- I think it's a girl too! ;)
beautiful!! you look so great!
Post a Comment