Saturday, October 30, 2010

Coffee Coloured Ultrasound

Sorry to keep many of you in suspense since it's been a number of days since our ultrasound. We went in on Monday and we realized that we had paid for the regular one instead of the 3D. But once we found out how expensive the 3D was, I was glad at that moment that we hadn't paid for it!

We got into the room and the Dr. was very friendly. He showed us the heart beating (which was a bit slow) so he had me turn on my left side and within 3 minutes, the heart rate went up 15 beats per minute and the baby was kicking around like crazy. How amazing is that?!

The baby measured long in the femur, which made me hope for a moment that meant the due date was pushed to a week earlier. Oh no, the Dr. assured me, some babies are just taller than others. Duh, I knew that, but I guess it's been hot lately and I was thinking one less week with lil' heater inside would have been a nice thing to look forward to.

The baby waved to us :) and was somewhat cooperative to see their goods.

But of course with the coffee swill quality of the picture, it was hard to see much. The Dr. asked us if we'd like to know and Carl interrupted him with an emphatic YES! With a bit of searching around and double checking, he told us what he didn't see. No testicles and no penis. I just laughed out loud because I thought, Who is going to believe it could be another girl? Certainly no one here, since the shape of my stomach clearly spells out Boy. Seriously could it be any more obvious?! Punto = boy, seguro!!! He did show us her goods, and I thought it looked familiar to what I saw the last two times, but who knows. Sigh....and Carl wasn't completely convinced. He said if kids can have different sized legs, boys can have different sizes of jewels.

As it turns out, we think we're having a girl, but to make sure we'll probably go ahead in the next while and splurge on the 3D ultrasound.

Is it really a girl? Stay tuned for the final verdict.

5 comments:

andrea said...

ahhhh....i can't wait! your babies are so beautiful! a lil girl!!! i am rejoicing with you...please don't us in more suspense! :)

Rachel said...

Haha...you guys have quite the stories for this wee one if it is a girl! Glad things are looking good, and look forward to hearing the final verdict!!

Rachel Amariah said...

you're so funny Kathy! I loved this post. Congrats on your girl?

Noella said...

The perfect family! Oldest a boy and then three girls. (just like us) Congratulations!

annabelle said...

your funny kathy!! I like your blogs!!!