Thursday, October 14, 2010

Thanksgiving Weekend

Thanksgiving weekend sort of snuck up on us. It was a very full, but good weekend.

Friday night, I got to go shopping all by myself to buy groceries for our Sunday feast. For those of you with small children, you can appreciate how special a night out in the shampoo aisle can be! I even had an ice cream after I was done shopping and didn't have to share it with anyone.

Saturday morning, Kezia had a birthday party downtown. I did a bit of shopping in the market during her party time AND even went for a banana split. Seriously, I was really spoiling myself this weekend. I haven't had ice cream in two consecutive days in longer than I can remember.

That afternoon, all three kids were invited to another birthday party in the south part of town. That party was a lot of fun and I met some great parents that want to have us over in the future. Right after the party, the four of us headed to our friends' church where Carl was preaching. We arrived home at 11:00 and collapsed into our beds.

Sunday morning, we got up early to prepare some of the food for our Canadian Thanksgiving lunch. We were having some of the SALTers over (they are one year volunteers with MCC) to celebrate. We baked two chickens, I made pies and stuffing, Carl made a vegetable casserole, potatoes and gravy and jello that was the colour of pepto bismol (c'mon, you have to have some sort of weird jello salad on the table).

The 4 gals arrived at noon, we took a few goofy shots with the turkey hats (almost as staple as the jello salad), and then sat down to a lovely meal. We enjoyed conversation around the table and then later in the living room until 6 p.m.

It was very nice to be able to share our Canadian Thanksgiving with some other MCCers. The SALTers kept saying it was so nice and they were so thankful. We were thankful to have the resources to be able to put on a meal like that and the opportunity to share it with others.




My batteries died before I could take a table shot, but if I can receive a picture from one of the SALTers, I come back and post it, okay?

2 comments:

Roo said...

happy thanksgiving!! your kids are so gorgeous.

xo

Rachel said...

Sounds like a lovely day!
So glad you got ice cream two days in a row...it's dairy...it's good for you and baby :)