Carl celebrated another birthday this past Sunday. Can hardly believe the man is 38?! We've known each other for 15 years and it seems like the time has flown by in a blink of an eye. He's like a good wine, gets better with age.
He is an amazing father and even though three kids (soon to be four!) require A LOT of attention, multi-tasking and energy, it never ceases to amaze me how patient and involved Carl is. I'm thankful for his hands-on parenting style. Not every father is like that. I must add that this year, Carl has mastered the daunting task of doing his daughters' hair. He can put in a perfect bun and manage to style Asha's hair with those tinsy little elastics. Seriously, there should be an award for that.
Carl is a gifted and talented man. He's always reading something, always trying to challenge himself intellectually. His passion is theology and how it is demonstrated in people's personal lives. He is constantly asking hard questions and is never satisfied with a ho-hum faith. He's handy and can fix almost anything, he can iron, and makes the most delicious food and divine desserts. And one great quality of his that I admire is that he has the gift of discernment.
I'm so fortunate that I'm married to him. I'm glad that I didn't continue giving him the cold shoulder after our first traumatizing encounter. Gosh, what would have happened if I hadn't said yes to that movie?
I would have missed out on an amazing man. I love you so much Carl and wish that this coming year will be a year where you will be challenged and blessed.
5 comments:
Happy Birthday to Carl!! (I thought of him - and you - on Sunday.)
He definitely deserves an award for doing the girls' hair! Happy Birthday Carl!
Happy Birthday to Carl! You definetely deserve an award! (I can barely get a ponytail to work on Abby's hair!) Together you guys make one beautiful family:)
Thanks a lot, Carl, for making the rest of us dads look like losers when it comes to our daughters' hair. Seriously?? How in the world do you do that??
Congratulations, Carl. You're a good man. I think of you whenever I hear Janis Joplin. Let's just not think of the fact that it was 15 YEARS AGO that we shared a dorm room...
Happy Birthday Carl!
I echo Kathy-you're awesome!
Post a Comment