Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Conversion of the Swiss

For a while now we've been joking with our co-workers that we needed to teach them how to make Russian Mennonite food.  Since they are from the Swiss Mennonite background in Pennsylvania, they had never been exposed to such foods as Pluma Moos, Roll Kuchen, and of course Warenecki.

To brag a bit, Carl makes pretty awesome Warenecki.  Made with his homemade cottage cheese.....drool.

So this weekend, we invited Lynn and Laurie and their kids over for a Warenecki cooking exposure experience.  And what an experience it was.  They enjoyed helping Carl roll out the dough and boil them and lather them in butter.  I, of course, was the photographer, and so I couldn't take any credit for the food.

It was so good to share our ethnic heritage (well, mostly Carl's, but you know....), to prepare food together and to share a meal with good friends. 

So, wondering what food we'll do next!



Sorry that we didn't get any close-up pictures of the food.  There was no time for that!

2 comments:

Laura Thiessen said...

as long as you yourself got close up to the food, forget the camera!

Ang said...

I'd never even considered making cottage cheese! Is is difficult? I must learn how to do this someday.