Tuesday, October 11, 2011

The Better to See You

I can't remember if I shared this funny joke of Joel from a few months ago, but I'm going to tell you now.  About 9 months ago, Joel's sense of humour went on a growth spurt and he was forever making us laugh.  One day he hit his head with his hand, went cross eyed and yelled, "AH! I need glasses!".  We were all on the floor laughing.

A couple of months ago we scheduled eye appointments and I had a suspicion that at least one of our children would need glasses.  Really, do they have a chance with their horrifically near sighted parents?  I thought it might be Kezia, but after the appointment the optometrist informed us that Joel would need glasses for a slight astigmatism.  He only needs to wear them for reading and working on the computer at school.

So in true form, once he got his glasses, he bonked himself on the head and went cross eyed, screeched "I can't see!", placed his glasses on his face and with a comical sigh of relief stated, "Ah, much better".


2 comments:

andrea said...

well, this was our breakfast conversation this morning...reading this. i love Joel's sense of humor...always. he is so funny. his glasses look great on him. and your description of you and carl's ability to see made me giggle.

Andrea said...

what a silly boy! it's so fun when our children make us laugh!

the glasses look SO cute on him!!