Have you been wondering where I've been? I haven't written much lately, not because there isn't life happening, it's just that I haven't sat down and written. It's like me and flossing my teeth. I love doing it, but some days I just go, meh, why bother. But I know if I would just go and crack open that case and see the gleaming thread, my heart would skip a beat and a smile would come across my face. Like my writing. If I were to just sit down and start writing, it would warm my heart. Blogging and flossing, oh how I love you both.
Okay, uh, so where to start.
Did I mention that Carl was away for 10 days a few weeks ago for work? Well, that was quite the time. I was pleasantly surprised how the time flew, how amazingly helpful the kids were and how much I respect single moms out there. Seriously, whether it's because the hubby works out of town or that you are doing this parenting thing solo, I commend you. I had to be uber organized and tried to make sure I had time for myself, even just a few moments at the end of the day or else I would have gone bonkers. One thing I noticed that I didn't do was snack in the evening. By the time I was done with the dishes and straightening up the apartment, I sat for about 15 minutes watching t.v. before heading to bed. Maybe I was tired....or maybe I'm a social eater and don't enjoy eating without a friend. I guess it's better than being a solo eater right?
And then after he came home we were in full party mode. I love parties and even the chaos right before hosting is all worth it. I think I need to have more parties, that's what I've concluded. Since I hadn't snacked for quite some time, I certainly made up for it days before the party (eating the first cake), during the party (eating more cake) and then after the party (finishing up the leftover cake, ugh).
During that time we also went to the bank to see if we could borrow money for a mortgage. Now that we both have pay stubs we were hoping to start house shopping. Well, of course the bank will give us money, that's what they do. In fact, they'd love if we took more than we should because everyone loves the interest gained on that HUGE principle.
We started house hunting and boy that was tiring. From open house to open house. We left our kids one weekend with family on Saturday afternoon (three different places), then Saturday evening, then Sunday afternoon with more family. I was tired. And since we're still in the thick of it, I can't breath a sigh of relief. We don't have a house yet, and the whole bidding war makes me nauseous. But we will plug through because we know God has the home just for us.
Sometimes I feel a bit at loose ends still. Wondering how long a job will last, what will September hold, where will we live, what will life look like. Are we just in a temporary state, one that will just last longer?
Well, is that so bad? Aren't we all living in a temporary state? How long will the job last? How long will we live where we live? How long will life be how it is now? Maybe that's okay.....
Alright. I think that's all I have.
I'll blog about some of my sewing projects, about some books that have me thinking and raging and of course more pictures. Because aren't pictures worth a thousand words?
2 comments:
Yes pictures are worth even more than 1000 words! They are priceless. Love the pictures you take of your beautiful family. Talking about that the other day Samuel asked "Who did you say I was going marry again? I forget her name...Kez something" :)
And you know I know of some houses you could purchase closer to where we live - just sayin'
Oh house hunting....*sigh* You could just build one, I suppose. I could hook you up, girlfriend ;) Well, I sympathize with the cake-eating. Not that I've had cake recently, but if there were cake around I would certainly eat it. Ha! I miss you.
Post a Comment