Sunday, February 26, 2012

When I Miss Them

I miss Bolivia most when I'm in church.  Especially during the singing.  Maybe because when a group of people sing together, it's so collective and unifying.  And while we're doing it, I'm reminded how connected I am to these people and then I remember the people that I am connected to, but not with.  Then my heart aches and I'm moved because of where I am and saddened because of where I'm not.


3 comments:

andrea said...

Kathy, i love your honesty and how you share your thoughts. i have not experienced your ache but your explanation has helped me fathom your feelings. love you! May God richly bless you as you sing His praises from your new place.

Laura Thiessen said...

"my heart aches and I'm moved because of where I am and saddened because of where I'm not."
mmhmm.
I feel ya.

Michelle said...

I miss the Congo most in church, too. There's something about worship in other countries that's mostly missing from our services, isn't there?