Friday, March 9, 2012

She Slays Me

Some of the things that our daughter says just crack me up.  Others make me cry.  Others horrify me, like this time.

I have to admit that curling isn't really my most favourite sport to watch.  I'd rather play it.  But I haven't watched nor played in years, so when the Scots Cup was on the t.v., I just rolled my eyes.  To be dramatic I groaned and complained when Carl was watching....but I stayed.  And then I started to watch....and then I couldn't not watch!  Asha came to watch too and was very fascinated by the whole rock sliding thing.  Joel and Kezia are super excited to try this uber Canadian sport, as long as they don't drop a rock and break their foot.

So as we were watching the Manitoba - Alberta match, it was getting pretty intense, on screen, but we were all holding it together, so I thought.  At the last throw, the rocks were so close they had to measure it and I could see Asha leaning forward, biting her nails.

As the verdict came that Alberta's rock was a half inch closer, Asha burst into tears and wailed, "But I so much wanted our girls to win!".  Where did that come from?  This was the first curling game she had ever watched, but somehow she became so emotionally involved.

She's a good passionate Canadian....remind me to be especially careful during hockey playoffs.

No comments: