Saturday, July 14, 2012

Frieda

The wonderful woman who babysat Elena and Asha while I was working in the afternoons.  The girls loved going to her daycare and it set my heart at ease knowing they were well cared for.  We met her at church, Asha became her best friend by the second Sunday, and we quickly became friends once the girls started going to her place on a regular basis after Christmas.  It was just as much a blessing for the kids as for me.

And so it was hard to think that at the end of the school year the girls wouldn't be going.  We'd be moving and instead of living just a 2 blocks away we'd live in another city.  I cried in Superstore when I was picking out a card for her.  How do you express to someone how awesome they have been for your family?  She loved the girls, put up with their antics, crying, and messes all in stride.  She even offered to have Joel and Kezia come over after school so they would have a place to play until I came to pick them all up.  Frieda gave them treats and loved taking them places.  With all the kids and all the chaos, she simply told me, "I do it because I love the kids and it's my ministry,".  And that it is.  Because we were so blessed and will continue to be blessed by her.  Asha's already booking off days to go back to Frieda's.

Thank you Frieda for everything.  May God bless you and continue to bless you in your ministry.


*Asha and Elena and Onyx the dog wait patiently for the treats from Frieda and her daughter Steph*

1 comment:

The Brandt Family said...

Yes, Frieda is definitely a blessing and has a great ministry!!