It's been about 6 weeks since our move to our own home, but it doesn't feel that long. Wasn't it a few weeks ago sweat was trickling down my back as I hauled bins but now I need to put on a sweater because the morning air feels a bit chilly. Sigh....
I've kind of hit a wall with moving in. At first I was feverishly unpacking, sorting, getting settled. But it was all up to a certain point. With the projects in full swing, many parts of our house couldn't be settled in. Like the bathroom, which was finished this week. Hallelujah! So that means the temporary closet that housed all the towels and toiletries needs to be emptied out. But I don't feel like it.
Then our bedroom, which was the workroom was cleaned from top to bottom, but still needs some organization. But I don't feel like it. I won't even mention the office off our room; not only is it cluttered beyond recognition, it's layered in drywall dust that I can't seem to wipe away no matter how hard I try.
The closets are piled high and I couldn't be bothered with going through that stuff. Elena's room is scary and I just want to put her to bed and not look over the tower of stuff threatening to overtake the room.
The basement is in construction and can't be used for storage, so I'm sort of using that as my excuse as to ignore the metres of stacked bins. I think because summer seems to be flying by, the last thing I want to be doing is sorting inside a house sans air conditioning. But I can't do that forever....fall is coming. I can't live like I've just moved in for months on end. Either I'll go nuts or my melancholy-super-organized husband will.
I thought I would be uber excited about putting up pictures and setting out items, but I just think, "Twenty more surfaces to wipe construction dust off,".
Ugh.
We're going to the lake to relax and I won't be in my house for a while. I'm hoping that the rest and getting away to enjoy the outdoors will help renew my energy so I can surge ahead. But right now I'm not really sure where most of my stuff is and I couldn't really care less.
1 comment:
Oh man! I'm coming over to help just as soon as possible. Or else I'm coming over to formulate an escape plan with you - drag you down to the pool so you can't look at the mess anymore (and then hypnotize and brainwash Carl so he doesn't mind the clutter and mess so much...?) *sigh* OH! Here's the idea! Make the kids do it! Why have kids if you aren't going to put them to work, eh? :) Love and sympathies, Laura.
Post a Comment