This year I thought about doing something a little different with the pumpkins. I saw on a website how they had painted them and adorned them later with glitter and jewels and ribbons. "Wow, that looks pretty neat! Wow, that looks like a lot less work than carving," I said to myself.
With Carl being gone the week that we decided to do the pumpkins, I was all about low maintenance. Plus with Miss Molly and her poo, I wasn't really interested in adding a messy activity with muck, knives and small children all by myself. So instead we pulled out the paints, covered the table, put down Elena for a nap and went at those pumpkins. I think it was quite the success and the kids were proud of their art work. Although we did learn something when after 5 hours Elena comes toddling out of the dining room with a handful of bright red paint.....finger paint gobbed on pumpkins takes forever to dry. Sigh, so much for the mess.....
Just you wait guys because we've got pie plans for you all.
No comments:
Post a Comment