As I recall, last Thanksgiving we were sick with colds and this year wanted to continue the trend. I was thankful that even though there was a mountain of snotty tissue and hacking from every part of the house, no one was overly miserable. So in a weird way, I was reminded to be thankful for health, because it could have been a lot worse. You can get better from colds, lots of things you can't recover from.
We had a marathon weekend eating with family. Of course, I overate because food makes me happy and eating with people even more. Poor Carl and his lactose intolerant gut had quite the ride on Sunday. At lunch we had noodles and cream gravy with my extended family and then for supper we had perogies and cream gravy with Carl's family. Ugh. Well, he said it was worth it to enjoy such amazing food. We spent good times with our relatives, visiting and connecting again. My aunt and uncle are on their way to Spain for the year, so we spend time as a family praying for them as a send off. It'll be quieter at Christmas without them and their three kids....
We spend some time with our kids asking them what they were thankful for and here are a few things:
1) being able to go to the library
2) our house
3) being able to go to gymnastics
4) kleenex
5) glasses and being able to see
6) food and a bed
7) a good school
I would echo those as well as I'm thankful that I have the chance to be at home with our kids. I really enjoy it and realize that there are those that don't have that choice. And I'm thankful for my husband who not only works hard, but plays hard with the kids, loves me fiercely and enjoys doing things around our home, like framing up the basement and giving cooking lessons to eager children. Yes, he is multi-talented.
Oh, and I'm terribly thankful for the concrete pad that is drying outside right now.
No comments:
Post a Comment