Friday, March 15, 2013

Burger Themed Birthday Party

Did I mention that Joel loves burgers?  I decided that for his friends party this last weekend I would do a diner burger theme.  My friend Laura had brought hats back from a burger joint in California (which Joel later told me was his all time favourite in CA) and I decided to incorporate them into the best 10 year old party ever.  No high maintenance games or activities, just greasy and sugary food, all dedicated to the theme of burger.  Poutine and root beer floats for lunch, which got rave reviews and a hamburger cake for dessert. I was pretty tickled pink that it turned out so well.  Nothing like cutting it close with 15 minutes before the party whipping up a batch of fondant.  Well, it was worth it because Joel loved it.  Already I've got another birthday girl requesting a cake in the shape of a fast food item.  Can I do it?  Wait and see.....





3 comments:

Michelle said...

Fabulous cake! I love the "sesame seeds." Looks good enough to tempt me to eat fondant... ;)

Laura Thiessen said...

love love love it!

Roo said...

you are amazing! i absolutely LOVE it!