Where does the time go Joel? It seems like yesterday you were born and just a time ago you were learning to walk. Well, you have grown into quite the 11 year old. I love that you are still quite affectionate and free with giving hugs. I love that you have a sensitive heart (and continue to wear it on your sleeve). I love how you are eager to make friends and yet still hold the ones you have had to leave behind in your heart. I love that when you play piano, you do it on your own and make me teary-eyed with the music. I love how you are constantly telling me about the books you read and set the good ones by my night stand for me to read too. I love how even when you do something so typically maddening, you understand how to ask for forgiveness and how to mend relationships. And I love that even though you are growing up, you'll still be our lil' Mister Minty, and you don't even mind me calling you that.
We love you very much Joel. Happy Birthday.

No comments:
Post a Comment