Tuesday, March 4, 2014

600 Posts - Happy Blogaversary to Me

Seriously I can't believe it's been that many. Remember my 300th post? Or the 100th post? The time sure does fly.

I think I'm a bit of a binge blogger because there are some times when I'm not really in the mood to write and then there are times when everything pours out. See you don't know about those ebbs and flows because I can do tricky scheduling techniques. But then there are times when I have been absent and didn't really get concerned about my absence here.

I think writing here has been therapeutic, almost more because I stop and read my side bar when I come to blog. I get to read about other people's lives and there struggles and joys and it gives me good perspective. I'm not going to lie and say that we have a perfect life; I don't bring all the nitty gritty to light here, but we definitely have our struggles. Parenting is real and not ideal and we are in a constant state of balance between work and home life. I wish we could do the things we want to do instead of the things we have to do, but maybe I just need to change my wants and have to's. In the game of Would you Rather, I'd like a pause button in my life sometimes.

I love writing and some day when I have more time, I would like to write my story down. Probably not for here, but more for my children. I went to a ladies retreat in Bolivia around the time I was due with Elena and the main speaker was a writer. She told me after we had shared our faith journeys that to be a good writer you need to write about 1 hour a day, write whatever comes to mind or what is on your heart. I tried to carve out some time to do that, but I have to be realistic and I don't always do that once a week. But writing here has been a good way for me to think about what is important in our family and how I would like to share that with those of you that read here.

I'll keep writing and posting pictures and rambling, but hopefully more inspiring and heart warming. I'm proud of myself, I'm just going to say that. Two thousand and eight and still going strong, six hundred posts later. Who knows what the next six hundred will hold?


1 comment:

Val Penner said...

Thanks for sharing your thoughts & life adventures! Such a joy to read!