Monday, March 24, 2014

From a different IP.....

I hadn´t thought of putting the title as Long Way from Home, because it feels like we came home a few days ago. It´s been a while in the making as we have been planning a trip back to Bolivia. Finally, we were able to book tickets, request vacation time (especially since we both have started new jobs recently), ship off the dog and get on an airplane.

First, Kezia and I left for her compeition in Calgary. The shortest trip I´ve ever taken somewhere, but we were able to see some friends and my Grandma before Kezia did her competition. It was a great experience for her and I´ll blog more about it when we get back. Might be able to figure out how to upload some of the videos, or at least point you to Facebook if you are my friend there.

Carl and the other kids left while we were on our way back from Calgary and we all met for a few hours in Toronto. When Kezia and I got there at midnight there time, I had already paid for an overpriced and non-forthcoming limosine ride to the hotel and greeted a husband with vomit all over the hotel room. It´s not a trip for us unless there is at least someone puking.....Thankfully Elena got it all out of her system at the hotel and was fine on the trip to Panama and then to Santa Cruz.

It feels like we haven´t left. Thankfully for us the Spanish has come back. The kids are less able to chatter away, but already on the second day they were trying their best with Yuneth and Ramiro´s boys. We will stay with them for the majority of the time with a few days back at the MCC guesthouse to reconnect with our former colleagues and friends.

Not going to lie, the weather here is great and I´m feeling right at home. The older kids are loving the mandarins that they can pick from the tree. Joel has already had 5 today. Elena is not accustom to all the bugs and is freaking out that ants are biting her so she is being schooled in the art of killing insects before they get you. Asha and I already went to the Pharmacy and to Los Pozos to buy pony tails. That was one thing Carl forgot to pack but I won´t hold it against him; it sure was comforting to tromp around the smelly loud and hot market looking for familiar things....

No comments: