My birthday sort of came and went earlier this month without much of a fuss. Maybe because the number wasn't that significant (and even I couldn't find a cool pattern to get excited about). Or maybe because life has been a bit more demanding and so as the day was approaching I had not much to say about the day other than, ech.
It was lovely however that I was able to go to work later since I had done a 13 hour day before so the kids could present me with birthday presents. I also ducked out of work and went for a 2 hour haircut and visit with my hairdresser. That was life giving.
We picked up sushi for dinner and I lounged in my comfy clothes while eating a dinner I didn't have to prepare or even dress up for. Two days later we went to the city's most delicious dessert place and had 4 decadent pieces of cake between the 6 of us for supper. Now that's what I call celebrating!

No comments:
Post a Comment