Kezia had a horrible collision with a classmate in gym class 10 days before and took 4 stitches to the mouth like a trooper. Didn't even flinch even though while in the doctor's office I felt like I was going to throw up. She insisted on taking the stitches out herself (did two on her own), but needed help on the last two. So the eve before Mother's Day, doing what seems a little crazy but totally normal for a mother, I cut out my daughter's stitches on our bench.
Friday, May 23, 2014
Late Birthday, Early Mother's Day and Home Surgeries
Can you believe that I don't even have pictures with my children on Mother's Day? I'm slipping, I know. I do have a couple of candid shots that Carl took while my parents were here for dinner, but technically it was for my birthday so I don't think anyone got all uptight about taking pictures. It was finally nice enough to sit outside and enjoy our stellar bench. Perfect for neighbour gazing and in the years to come for yelling at delinquent children on my lawn. Also great for home surgery.
Kezia had a horrible collision with a classmate in gym class 10 days before and took 4 stitches to the mouth like a trooper. Didn't even flinch even though while in the doctor's office I felt like I was going to throw up. She insisted on taking the stitches out herself (did two on her own), but needed help on the last two. So the eve before Mother's Day, doing what seems a little crazy but totally normal for a mother, I cut out my daughter's stitches on our bench.
Kezia had a horrible collision with a classmate in gym class 10 days before and took 4 stitches to the mouth like a trooper. Didn't even flinch even though while in the doctor's office I felt like I was going to throw up. She insisted on taking the stitches out herself (did two on her own), but needed help on the last two. So the eve before Mother's Day, doing what seems a little crazy but totally normal for a mother, I cut out my daughter's stitches on our bench.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment