There isn't snow on the ground, so I'm not that late. Like I said before much has been going on, but I wanted to share about our summer.
In spring, we were planning on going out West to visit friends and attend my cousin's wedding. We hadn't really thought about how long we would be able to go because we used up much of our vacation time going to Bolivia. As it turned out, both Carl and I had banked time and it was most necessary for me to take a break and go on vacation, so we were able to take 8 days.
Our kids travel really well and so the 18 hour journey there and back wasn't too ridiculous. We first had a few days with friends, Tim and Danae and their girls. We enjoyed geocaching, playing games, shopping, the amusement park and of course the kids did a ton of melt beads. Then we were able to see my cousin Darlene, who was visiting from UAE and my aunt and uncle as well.
We said our farewells to the Calgary folks and then headed West. We spent a bit of time in Banff, which was really relaxing.
Then off to the wedding in Edgewater, which was beautiful. The setting was a farm yard in the Canadian Rockies; the wedding went smoothly and was enjoyed by all. It was so nice to be away together......
No comments:
Post a Comment