I admit, sometimes I feel sad that he's growing up so fast, but other times I'm so glad to have more conversations with him, see him develop into a young adult. Next year is junior high and he's already rationalizing with us why it would be a good time to get him a cell phone. It's a great time to be this big boy's parent!
This year he joined track and has done so well. He continues to play piano and a few weeks ago, I heard him hammering away trying to figure out a song by ear. Way to go! He's about 5'3 now and a few months ago hit the 100 lb mark. He's thrilled he's surpassed his grandmothers in height.
It never ceases to amaze me how age doesn't limit who his friends are. He has a great buddy that is in grade 2 and another guy he loves chatting with at church who is in youth. Joel's birthday party had to be postponed and even though Carl and I were disappointed for him, he didn't seemed too upset. In fact he mentioned it would be nice to spend the evening with a good friend of his; he didn't need a huge party. Joel demonstrated a spirit of maturity on that one.
Joel, thanks for 12 years of love, ridiculous situations, and never ending adventures and antics. We love you so much and wish you nothing but the best in the coming year.
P.S. Can you babysit tonight?!
No comments:
Post a Comment