My passion is to paint. I love going to the paint store, picking a colour, and then coming home and painting. It's like everything is fresh and new again. I don't really like the prep work of taping or laying down tarps, but Carl reminded me just a few days ago, "You may have painted every surface of this house, but they way you paint, you'd better invest in some preventative measures". So, I'm a little messy?
We painted the living room and dining room, entrance and landing, and upstairs hall. The paint colours didn't change much; I wasn't feeling like experimenting at this point. And I always love writing messages on the wall before I paint. There's a message in every room that I painted, and only I know what they are!
Carl finally replaced the weather stripping on the front door and painted it. Plus we replaced garage windows. Those things needed to be done years ago, but other things came up over the last 7 years!
It feels good to do some things around the house to prepare for it to be rented. It feels good to take care of your house, it's nice to have a distraction from all the packing and paperwork. Sure, it seems crazy of us to add more work onto our busy lives, but I think for Carl and I, it's therapy.
1 comment:
you're right...it DOES sound crazy! but if it works for you, then YOU GO GIRL (and guy)!
Post a Comment