It wasn't as sad as I thought it would be leaving our house because we've done this before. We didn't leave as soon as I had hoped (and I managed to only blast Carl once...sorry honey), but once we tossed stuff in bags, we had time for a few pictures. I realized that Wednesday marked 13 months for Asha, so I won't ramble on any more about packing and moving.
So this month, Asha finally got more teeth! The day after her first birthday, one top tooth popped out, then the next day another one. Three days later the two molars in the back came, and the next day another tooth came. Last count this evening, 6 on the top and 3 on the bottom. That's a lot of enamel making it's entrance in 4 weeks. Poor gal!
She's been a real trooper and hasn't been too cranky. The only thing is you have to be a slick CIA agent to be able to see her teeth. Every time you ask her to show you her teeth, she does an exaggerated underbite (which is quite hilarious), which completely hides her top teeth. Carl didn't believe me that she actually had teeth until I hung her upside down and pried open her mouth.
.

And though she seems close to walking, she still prefers to crawl. I wonder if she will take a few steps by Tuesday, just to warm the heart of her grandmas. Well, we'll see.
We have been reminded that she is fiercely possessive of her things and has mastered the art of temper tantrums if she doesn't get her way, or if her siblings get too close. She loves drinking out of a straw (sippie cups are so 12 months!) and her favourite drink is of course, a slurpee. And Asha's preferred activity is climbing, climbing on ANYTHING. We really have to watch her!
Well, it's late and I can't believe that I'm up this late blogging. It has been a tiring few days, but good days. I will blog and post more later, when I have time, which may not be until we leave the country. You may have to wait a bit to hear about our last days in Canada.
3 comments:
first of all, i love the slurpee shot!:) she is so growing up! Kathy, I am impressed that you make time to celebrate Asha..while you are crazy busy moving and you don't make her a third child! Way to go! But as for being the 3rd child, they seem to pick up stuff from their siblings. she is so adorable!
love the underbite smile!
What a sweetie! Slurpees are my drink of choice too (Pepsi ones, of course!).
Can't believe you're on the brink of leaving the country for THREE WHOLE YEARS!!!
I will miss you loads and loads!
xo
your kids are sooooo sweet! love your asha's great big eyes.
thinking about you guys are you prepare to enter your new home. xo
Post a Comment