Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Who would have thunked it

On Thursday I happened to be browsing in a thrift shop (which I shouldn't be doing because so many things call out to me to be bought), but really I was waiting for the crowded store next door to empty so I could buy some sandals. While I was walking around, the shopkeeper of the store on the other side, came up to me and asked, "Hey, do you want to be on T.V.?" "Sure," I said. I didn't tell her that I had experience with this before and that she'd be glad that I could volunteer!

So my job was to walk around her store, pick up the items and pretend I was buying things. She really did want me to buy something so I tried to look genuinely interested. It was funny because the cameraman kept asking me to pick an item off the shelf and look at it. "No, can you do it again, just a bit slower. Okay....that's great....now bring the soap up to your nose and smell it and smile,". It was quite funny.

I was quite pleased with my acting skills. Ha! How funny am I? I asked the guy what it was for and he told me it was for a show on CBC called Living Winnipeg. The only thing is that
the show will be on the air in October and we'll be gone already. Sigh. So I'll have to watch my Canadian acting debut online.

So I got to thinking, maybe I should move to Hollywood....those TV cameras just love me. Oh the career choices!

But then on Friday, I had the grandest opportunity to assist my friend Tasha while she photographed a wedding. Actually, we started taking pictures at 11:30 a.m. while the bride was getting ready all the way until 5:30 when the wedding was done. Yes, I did say WE. Tasha brought this most amazing camera along for me to use with a lens almost as long as my arm and told me I could take pictures, focusing on small details. I was so tickled that she asked me to take pictures because I've never done this before "professionally". It was a fun day and I am just amazed at how talented Tasha is. She's taken maternity, newborn, baby, and family pictures of us and every time she comes up with even more beautiful pictures. She is VERY talented and it was a privilege to be able to tag along and help her. Tasha said it was too bad that I was moving away, or else it would be fun to have me assist her at more wedding shoots. Wow!
And so here's the dilemma, should I pursue acting or photography? Both are fun. Oh what to do? Well, maybe I'll save those careers for when we get back from South America!

1 comment:

andrea said...

well you've conquered singing already...maybe you should move straight to Rodeo Drive, my dear! Sounds like so much fun!