Saturday, February 7, 2009

Still in the Season

This week has been a bit crazy. And I'm a bit sleep deprived.

Carl and Kezia have been sick this week, probably with Dengue. Carl hasn't been out of bed in, oh, I figure it's going on day number five. He's hardly eaten and has definitely lost weight. We had a little chuckle about some twisted skit (MAD would probably do it, eh?) that could advertise Dengue as the new weight loss program of the rich and famous. Carl laughed and then that tired him out, so he went back to bed. Right now he is covered in a bright red rash. Sigh....

Kezia got sick on Wednesday and was so lethargic after school, I carried her home. I felt bad that I sent her to school, but she seemed fine in the morning. Later that day, while in bed in a pool of sweat, she said that everything was good except the awful pain in her eyes, the burning, hot feeling and that her arms felt yucky. She's such an optimist. No complaining from her!

She's doing much better now, after spending three days in bed. I'm comforted to know that it isn't as severe for children. It's so wonderful to have her back to health and not feeling miserable anymore.

Carl was gone for a few days at the beginning of the week with the SEED orientation group (I'll fill you in on our first SEED group in a later post) and came home feeling a bit yucky. And yucky turned to terrible, and terrible turned into the I've-never-been-so-sick-in-my-life stage.

So this week, I've had no extra moments. I can't remember what I've been eating, I don't sit down anymore, and I'm not sure I've spent even 10 minutes in a row with any of the kids. Is this what poor Carl did while I was sick?

I'm feeling a bit ragged and this morning I thought I might just crack. But all in perspective I guess....Lizette is sick, Laurie is sick, Roxana's kids are all sick, Lynn is sick, Juana's dad is sick, Elma is sick, Sitha is sick, Kathleen is sick.....

I wish this blasted Dengue would go away.

6 comments:

Sandi Mutch said...

Wow, Kathy, I felt like crying for you when I read that post. Whatever God calls you to do, He will equip you for....I pray those words for you.

Megan said...

In Brazil, there were a couple months where everyone was sick with Malaria and no one got enough sleep and it rained without ceasing and there were ants all over my house and I thought, "surely death has come" because it really seemed like it would never end.

But then it did, and the sun shone again.

The sun will shine again for you, my friend.

Hugs for everyone, especially Carl.

andrea said...

oh, sweet kathy! I'm so sorry! You must be exhausted love! I'm praying for you and I agree with what San said! He will give you strength! puts life in perspective! love you!

Laura Thiessen said...

You have all my sympathy and prayers...when did you ever find time to pray for me and my stupid scheduling? You're nuts. Go get a massage!! crazy woman. I will baby-sit for you....if I only could. *hug*

Caroline said...

Kathy, my heart goes out to all of you, but just like Megan said, the sun will shine again and you will finally be able to sit down and breathe.

Hang in there Carl, Kathy survived and so will you!

Hugs and kisses to all of you!

Roo said...

awww! that is hard!! hoping you're all feeling better soon. wish i could make you some good ole fashionned mennonite chicken noodle soup. xo