I made an appointment with a dentist recommended by a friend and off the five of us went. We were there most of the morning so I should have brought books or something, but the reception had a really cool screen saver on her computer that captivated the kids for almost an hour.
The dentist was very friendly, checked all our teeth, and took pictures of every single one. There wasn't a major cleaning or fluoride or anything like that because that comes if you need any work done. That's the second appointment!
Well, as it turned out Carl has some fillings that need replacing. Apparently the metal is degrading and leeching mercury into his teeth. !! The dentist told him the work was well done, it's just the metal is too old now. And he just had one cavity.
I have no metal fillings, but I have two little tinsy cavities that I need to have worked on.
.
Joel had one little cavity and got lots of praise on his teeth brushing skills.
Kezia had no cavities and the dentist showed her how to brush her bottom teeth a bit more efficiently. On a side note, she had a field trip to the dentist a few weeks ago and now has implemented a three times a day brushing regime for us all.
Asha did really well. It was her first time at the dentist, and she loved it. The dentist says she has beautiful little milk teeth and took a ton of pictures. No cavities, just a perfect little smile. This was the first dentist that I've taken my kids to that congratulated me. I smiled and said thank you as he explained. He said since my kids have good teeth, it's because I take care of my own and teach them and help them brush etc. Good teeth is all the work of the mom. Can I get an amen?
And so that ended our little trip to the dentist. We decided to go out for lunch to the kids' favourite place, Toby and I was reminded how fast food restaurants here have no customer service and are agonizingly slow. Grrrrr......well, it was for the kids, it was for the kids, because they did so well at the dentist.
3 comments:
way to go! now that is a good feeling and a successful adventure! now it's time for you to celebrate being a great mom!!!;)
your kiddos seem so brave!!
good reminder as i NEED to make dentist appointment for our house hold...it keeps getting forgotton!!! :)
seriously??? i thought you had the worlds most perfect teeth? always soo white i figured you'd have a tooth brush in your back pocket....and NEVER a cavity (no matter how small!)
Way to go mom on the kids teeth! i agree...its all mom! i am religious with Aidan's teeth...have to set the habit while they are VERy young!
Post a Comment