At the end of November, Kezia had the pleasure of being one of two flower girls for a wedding. We didn't really know the bride and groom even though they go to our church, but they had asked if Kezia would pair up with her friend Johanika (who is a flowergirl pro) to be in their wedding. Kezia was speechless with excitement. This has been her dream!
Johanika's mom, Lucy, is our pastor's wife and she too is pregnant with her fourth child. It must have been quite the sight as we both waddled down the market aisle two weeks before the wedding looking for fabric for the dresses and shoes to boot.
At the rehearsal the week before the wedding, it was evident the little girl that was supposed to carry the rings was not going to do the job. Try #1 = sulking and crying with her mom. Try #2 = her screaming and yelling being carried by her mom. Maria, the bride, looked frazzled and upset as she looked around the church trying to figure out what to do. Her eyes fell on Asha playing around in the back and she immediately came up to me and asked if Asha would be able to carry the rings; she's about the same size as the other girl and to alter the dress would be easy. Well, I told her I thought she would probably do it. When Maria asked Asha, she beamed, marched to the back of the church, and asked where the rings and pillow were.
The day of the wedding, all three girls had their hair done at a salon, their nails done at home and sported their new shoes. Oh, to be that age and feel like a princess!
I was playing the piano for the wedding, so Carl was left with the responsibility of getting the kids to the church and dressed. The wedding went quite well, all three girls were wonderful. Joel thought they all looked very pretty, but was glad he got to wear shorts and flip flops on such a hot day. He already had his turn, he said, at Uncle Wendell's wedding.
What a neat experience for the girls. I always wanted to be a flower girl when I was little, but never had the chance. Now, not only did Kezia have the opportunity, but Asha did too. Pretty special, I think.


5 comments:
So, when I get married (not sure when that is going to happen!) can all three of your girls (i am referring to baby on the way) please come to PA to be in my wedding?? I love it!! They really are the perfect girls for the job :)
You have quite the amiable girls...comfortable in many situations and willing to try things. That will do will for them all their lives!! They looked beautiful and I'm glad that had the opportunity to do that :)
Asha is getting so big! I can't believe how grown up she looks with those flowers in her hair. Beautiful!
Thanks for the compliments! Totally, Arelis, you name the date and I'll provide the girls. Besides, Joel said we didn't have enough time to see PA the first time.
sooo beautiful!!! :)
Post a Comment