So I made it to 37 weeks and I think I learned a lot just putzing around my house. I certainly relinquished control over many things in my daily life and put my trust in Carl. I was even ready for him to buy the playpen and pick my diaper bag. Well, as it turned out, we were able to do that together.
I read some good books (Everything Must Change and Blue Parakeet....I'll blog about those insights later) and thoroughly enjoyed the Advent Readings put out by FPU.
I can't remember the last time I cooked or washed dishes and instead of feeling this woman-guilt, I embraced my new role as the 1950's husband and let Carl, in his new role as '50's wife, do everything!
And I realized that there are so many things out of control in life and worrying about them doesn't add one moment of peace to your life. I'm still trying to let go of work issues, but for the most part, Estoy Tranquila. That's my motto. Because only God knows when this lil' chica will show up and in fact I'm quite fascinated with the whole biology of it all. She'll know when she's ready, hormones are released, and that sets in motion labour for me. I don't even get to decide. My body doesn't get to decide.
I have a thing for numbers so a birthdate of 01/01/11 would be kind of cool or 01/11/11 would be neat. Or even at the 11th hour. There again, do I actually have control over that? Sheesh. But I'm just stating my preference if anyone out there could take note.
So I'm enjoying the days and kind of anticipating the nights with mixed emotions (that's when I've always gone into labour before so.....). I just have two more things on my list that I would like to do, but Carl said if they don't get done, it's not the end of the world. I got the maternity shots taken on Christmas Eve (once we get them, I'll post pictures), my bag is packed, and we have more than paper towel to wrap this kid in.
I'm going to sit and enjoy these last days. For why wish away this awesome miracle, carrying around another human being inside you? Fully formed, heart beating, encased within me. Gosh, what an amazing privilege.....
5 comments:
amen.
amen sister!! ENJOY it...i have been learning this lessen in different ways with my sweet babes. and wow!! 37 weeks!! SOON! SOON! SOON!!
Beautiful thoughts, Kathy! and Happy New Year...
I'm just gonna keep watching the baby on the blog. I love how it slowly...turns...
Yeah, I wonder how come the rolling side bar baby neither gets fatter or has less room? And what about the kung-fu moves?
Post a Comment