This week was the first week for our kids at school here in Canada. Joel is in grade 3 and Kezia in grade 2. They weren't too nervous to go as we took the time to take them by the school the week before. We met their teachers and the kids had a chance to show them what they had been doing in Bolivia. It doesn't look like there will be any deficits, even in English reading.
We went shopping for school supplies, packed our bags, set out our clothes (Kezia wanted to do it the day before, right after lunch) and talked a lot about the new things we would encounter. I know that I was more nervous about it than they were.
In the morning, I made a special breakfast and even served the milk in wine glasses for something funny. Carl took them to the bus stop and off they went with 30 other kids, leaving mothers at the curb, snapping pictures and trying not to tear up.
Their first day went quite well. They both made some friends and were able to figure out how things are at school. Joel didn't even mention that the day seemed SO LONG as this was his biggest concern about starting school in Canada, since in Bolivia it was 7:30 -12:30 instead of 9-3:30. It's going to be a good year for them, we can already tell.
And while Joel and Kezia were at school, Asha, Elena and I were at home. Doing what? Find out soon....
1 comment:
Oh yes, I want to know what the rest of you were doing!
Post a Comment