Wednesday, November 23, 2011

And the Plot Thickens.....

So I've been feeling a bit frustrated in the last few days, to say the least.  My poor long suffering husband.....bless that man for being stable during my not!

This last weekend we had the blessed opportunity to speak at a church retreat.  My very good friend, An, invited us and we were really looking forward to it.  A chance to spend time with her family, but also her church family.    I ate really well, laughed so hard with people I just met, and was moved during the group singing.  And I even got a bit teary eyed when the handsome godly speaker shared :)

As we were leaving the retreat, someone gently hands Carl a cheque.  This fellow was moved by our story and wanted to support us in our transition.  Wow.  And then as we were driving, Carl teared up because he realized that the amount of the cheque was for the exact amount needed to pay for our van repair.

The next day I got a confusing statement from the government about our child tax benefits.  I think it said we were getting back pay or something, but I checked our on-line bank statement to verify what they were talking about.  There was a deposit that day for the exact amount we needed in order to pay the reminder of the roofing bill on our house.

*Eyes well up....huge lump forms*

We're trying to be faithful and patient, but it's hard.  So when God does something so amazing like this I realize that sometimes we need everything stripped away to see his working hand.  Sometimes we have to be willing to lay everything down for him and be left with empty hands.  Then he can fill them with blessings.  Blessings that don't look like what we anticipate and don't come at the time we hope for, but are perfectly and blessedly orchestrated.

"Test me in this", says the Lord Almighty, "and see if I won't throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that you will not have room enough for it". Mal. 3:10




3 comments:

andrea said...

love how God works!

Andrea said...

Wow. Just wow. Kathy, those are two very amazing stories.

xoxo

Michelle said...

Thanks for sharing your God sightings. He never ceases to amaze...or provide!