Friday, November 25, 2011

Date Nights

It's been a good couple of weeks with the frequency of my dating calendar and all the various people on it....."hmmmmm...", they all wonder.

I enjoyed a lovely date night a few weeks ago with Carl to see the movie, The Help.  I highly recommend it and the book is just as amazing.

Then a bit later, since Kezia was having a rough few days, I took her out for a date.  First we went on a school night (gasp!) to McD's (double gasp!!) to enjoy some pie and chatting.  Then three days later, we went to the city to get haircuts and I took her out for dinner.  Her choice: sushi.  "Because hamburger places are too greasy and can't be trusted".

And just a few days ago, I had the chance to take my firstborn out for a date.  Joel was pretty thrilled and his choice: McD's because his favourite food is the hamburger, regardless if it's greasy or uber greasy.  We managed to get in a little visiting in, even though the football game was on and he was a bit distracted.

So much is gained from dating your spouse and also dating your kids.  The calories, the conversation, the time....ah, so lovely and highly recommended.

1 comment:

andrea said...

so precious! it really is! you have such a beautiful family!