Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Awesome Weekend - Part I

It was a full but beautiful weekend.  It started with brunch to celebrate my Grandma's birthday with my  mom and aunts.  She was surprised (success!) and we spent 3 hours visiting with each other.  Oh, how heavenly.



Then my mom and I headed off to the city for our girls day.  It was my Christmas present from my mom; an awesome gift idea.  I didn't take any pictures but just imagine this.....

Getting to the city mall and strolling around in the stores.  Trying on some outfits in our favourite store and my mom buying a lovely top for a banquet.  Kathy resisting the urge to buy yet another item, so she relished and smiled at the successful find by her mother.  Heading to the nail place and sitting in those massaging chairs for a relaxing pedicure.  Our toes looked amazing!  Then sitting by the fireplace near the bookstore, enjoying a smoothie and sandwiches and having a long uninterrupted visit.  I think we might have even gotten teary eyed.

Sigh.....this is one of the reasons I am thankful that we live so close.  To be able to spend time with the beautiful women in my life.

After, my mom dropped me off ________ to continue my awesome weekend.  Curious where we went?

1 comment:

Andrea said...

So happy you now live so close to your Mom after so many years of being far apart.

Those Girl's days are pretty special. Sounds like it was a wonderful time!!

But now you leave me hanging....