I had this pull to retreat into a quiet place to contemplate Easter and then on the other end to fully engage in the busyness of the gatherings and the church services. So I found myself crying more over the weekend because of that, not to mention that it already is an emotional time.
It was so moving to be part of the drama. We each had a powerful monologue that touched something deep inside of me. To have the perspective of Jesus from those that loved him in his life. I remembered my line, "Nothing can prepare a mother to watch her son die," and "And in the face of it all, he forgave us all". That deep ache in your heart when you realize how much He loves us.
I thought about our last Easter and then again, crying. Oh how I miss Yuneth and Ramiro. Oh how I still ache to be in Bolivia. And yet being at our family gatherings was so wonderful. Of course I ate too much, but I relished those weird gelatin eggs that my cousin Lori makes every Easter. I don't know why they mean so much to me, maybe because they are uniquely Easter for that side of the family.
I wish I could have put things into slow motion to enjoy the season a bit more. Maybe because the gatherings and church services happen within a few hours of each other and I'm still not accustomed to that.
Well, such is life. Processing and reflecting. Just because Easter is over doesn't mean that I have to move on to pondering other things.
I'll post some Easter pictures when I have a moment. Though the weather wasn't awesome, it was nice enough to briefly take off the sweaters, but leave on the tights.
1 comment:
What precious memories past and present! i'm sorry that you feel torn...wishing you were in both places. Heaven will be something amazing to be all together! :)
Post a Comment