On Halloween my dear husband turned 40. I had been giving him a hard time for a while, teasing him because I'm not near 40 at all! He in turn returned the jokes, saying he couldn't hear me, that his back was killing him, and that he had to go to bed early. Aw, Carl!
The day before his birthday, I had made arrangements for a babysitter to watch the kids. He was very surprised when Melody showed up and with a twinkle in my eye told him to get his jacket because we were going out. I took him shopping and you should have heard him giggle when we pulled up tp Best Buy. I was pretty proud of myself that I was able to surprise him like that.
On his birthday after the kids went trick or treating, we went out for supper. The service and décor in the restaurant were a bit lacking, but the BBQ was pretty good. Once home, after the kids got ready for bed (giving time for supper to settle a bit) I pulled out the birthday cake.
Okay, I'm going to brag here a bit. This cake was amazing and probably the best that I've ever made. This high calorie peanut butter chocolate pie will send you into orbit. Carl was practically in heaven and I was pleased as punch. The kids had a hard time getting to sleep after that sugar rush, plus their candy from earlier in the evening. Oops.
This weekend, we had a ton of friends and family over for Carl's birthday. He was touched by all the people that showed up to celebrate him. With over 20 kids in the house and just as many adults, we all had a rockin' good time all in honour of Carl.
He's a great guy and I'm so proud to be his wife. Carl is multi-talented and gifted and continues to encourage those around him to be better people. Always reading, always seeking, always asking questions. Gosh, if this is what he's like when he's 40, he's only going to get better as he ages.
We love you so much Carl!
3 comments:
Mmmm...that cake looks DELISH! Happy birthday Carl!!
Happy Birthday Big Fella.
Hard to believe that it's been 3 years since we were hanging out with you guys on Carl's birthday... in Bolivia! The cake looks amazing! We miss you guys.
Post a Comment