Monday, November 12, 2012

This Stage - Take II

There's two from today that showed up in full force.  They definitely have been in the works for a while, but today, wow......

She's been teething something fierce the last while.  Three out of the four canines have emerged and one is looking like a real tooth.  She's been a bit cranky, but it hasn't unbearable.  Okay, it'll depend on when you ask us.  So today she was doing her typical antics before bed, "Head Up! Tickle Tickle!" and then naming the parts of your face in Spanish, when I noticed something.  I asked her see in her mouth and sure enough was the beginnings of an enormous two year molar piercing through the gum.  Huh.  That explains the rough week last week.

Elena knows too many words for me to keep track of.  I tried to write them down, but like a little friend, she's like a little parrot and I can't possibly remember all the things that she can say.  She surprised me yesterday as I took her out of the van after dropping Asha off at school.  I asked her, "Quieres comer huevos?", and she replied, "Yes, huevos....eggs".  I stopped for a moment and just thought about how amazin' the whole concept of language acquisition is.  Speaking of language.....

And then today in the van I hear her chanting quietly, "Can I eat you?"  Huh?  Where does she get something like that?  My smile grew and I just couldn't help myself and I burst out laughing.  I thought the first sentence might be something like, "No, that's mine!" or "I say NO!" or something special like, "I love you".  Until Joel admitted that he constantly says that to her because then she runs and they have a great time of chase.  Oh, there you go then.  So we can go back to the blissful idea that her first constructed sentence won't be some weird phrase.  *smirk*


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love, love this photo of Joel and Elena. Your children are so very beautiful. And while I giggled all over myself reading the post about Elena disrobing, it had a wee bit of dread in it, seeing as Anna is obsessed with taking her shoes off...let's hope clothes and diaper are not next. Hang in there!