Thursday, December 6, 2012

Celebrating Our Big Lil' Girl

I told Kezia that the morning that she was born was much like it was today.  Snowing just a little bit and the roads were treacherous.  Fast forward 8 years and today we were celebrating her birthday.

A good morning started off with porridge topped with ice cream and then to open presents.  She was thrilled with her gifts  because they included clothes (her favourite) lip balm (another favourite) a purse and brush (her favourite accessory) an apron (to do one of her favourite activities) and a piggie bank (to save!).

As I dropped her off at school I dared her to yell out at 11:10 am in class, "It's my birthday RIGHT NOW!".  I figured she might be a bit shy and terribly obedient (way to go Kezia) so instead I sent in 27 cupcakes.  They weren't chocolate because I remember being a teacher when someone had a double chocolate brownie at lunch and then came to class.  It wasn't a cake because I remember the horrendous mess that her class made a few years ago with a cake.  Bit sized purple cupcakes for my girl who loves purple.

After school she opened some birthday cards from the mail and then got herself ready for supper.  Her choice of restaurant?  Anywhere they serve sushi.  So off we went and except for Elena being a typical 2 year old with a  head cold, the evening was lovely.

Oh, it's hard to believe another year has gone by.  Seriously, why does it have to go so fast?  Because she's having a great time.  She loves being in gymnastics and has grown by leaps in bounds, not only in skills but mentally and emotionally.  She is learning to push through when she's tired and when the tears of frustration threaten to fall.  She loves to sing and is blossoming in her school choir.  Her artistic skills have really developed this year in part by being nominated for a division wide art class at the art gallery.  Oh she has loved those classes.  She gives us many things to be proud of and it's a honour to celebrate her.

Kezia, you are an amazing little gal.  Our lives wouldn't be the same without you because you are such a gift. Thank you God for letting us have her and raise her and be blessed by her.


1 comment:

Sandi said...

Awww...this post may have brought on some tears...Kezia is just such a beautiful girl, and you are an amazing and loving mom. Happy (belated) birthday to Kezia!