The weekend before Carl's official start, the church had the commissioning service for us. We were joined by family and friends as we were welcomed into membership and Carl commissioned as the lead pastor. It was quite the marathon morning with two services, but we all enjoyed the day. Afterwards, we hosted our family and friends for lunch in the Heritage Room where Carl showcased his culinary skills with an amazing pot of soup. We ate together and it was great to have all of our sides of family join us. At the end, we served birthday cake for Carl and my Mom managed to push his face just a little bit into the icing!
I'm excited about this new chapter in our lives. I admit that there are days when I'm overwhelmed at what we've been called to, but I think that is normal. Sometimes I still feel like I have itchy feet and want to jet out of here, but I am learning the amazing plan sometimes means being called to stay. So often we have been called away, it's comforting to think that God has set out this ministry, for how long only He knows, for us here.
No comments:
Post a Comment